Released December, 2005
The Pros:Works well with both PC and Macintosh. Network setup is very easy, gets recognized by computers on the network quickly. Driver gives a good overview of the status of the printer, ink levels, etc.
The Cons:Takes a long time to start printing, often suffers from a long pause before it gets going. Older printer model, getting proper support at a reasonable cost is difficult.
The Samsung ML-2855ND is a compact monochrome laser printer designed to be used in a small office environment with a need for high volume printing. It has the ability to print 30 pages per minute and has a monthly duty cyle of 50,000 pages making it very hard working and robust printer.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has a 250-sheet cassette, 50-sheet multipurpose tray standard, with optional 250-sheet cassette for a total maximum capacity of 550 sheets and a 2-line LCD screen and compass navigation give intuitive operation. It is powered by a 400MHz processor with 64 MB of memory standard that can be expanded up to 192 MB for even quicker operation, and offers network printing compatibility with an easy to use ethernet interface. This is one of the smallest (if not the smallest) laser printer to feature duplex (double sided) printing which will save you space, time and money.
- Function: print
- Print Speed (Mono): up to 28 ppm in A4 (30 ppm in letter)
- First Print Out Time (Mono): less than 8.5 s
- Resolution: up to 1,200 x 1,200 dpi effective output
- Duplex: built-in
- Emulation: PostScript3, PCL6/5e, SPL, IBM ProPrinter, EPSON
- Paper Handling, Media Size: 76 x 127 mm (3" x 5") ~ 216 x 356 mm (8.5" x 14")
- Media Type: transparency, envelope, labels, post card, card stock
- Input Capacity and Types: 250-sheet cassette, 50-sheet multi purpose tray
- Output Capacity and Types: 150-sheet face-down
- General Processor: SAMSUNG 400 MHz
- Memory / Storage: 64 MB (max. 192 MB)
- OS Compatibility: Windows 2000 / XP (32 / 64 bits) / Vista (32 / 64 bits) / 2003 Server (32 / 64bits) / 2008 Server (32 / 64 bits) Various Linux OS: - Red Hat 8 ~ 9, - Fedora Core 1 ~ 4 - Mandrake 9.2 ~ 10.1 - SuSE 8.2 ~ 9.2 Mac OS 8.6 ~ 9.2, 10.1 ~ 10.5, Windows Terminal Services, Citrix Presentation Server
- Interface: hi-speed USB 2.0, ethernet 10/100 base TX
- Noise Level: less than 50 dBA (printing) less than 26 dBA (standby)
- Duty Cycles, Monthly: 50,000 sheets
- Dimension (W x D x H): 391 x 369 x 217 mm (15.39" x 14.52" x 8.54")
- Weight: 8.7 kg
- Consumables, Yield; standard: average cartridge yield 2K standard pages. high yield: average cartridge yield 5K standard pages. (ships with 2,000 pages starter toner cartridge)
- Type: 1-piece cartridge
User Reviews (1)
works well with both PC and Macintosh
network setup is very easy, gets recognized by computers on the network quickly
driver gives a good overview of the status of the printer, ink levels, etc.
solid construction, even the tray feels sturdy and durable
can handle heavier paper stock, good for high-quality prints
multi-page documents print fairly quickly once the job begins
operation is whisper-quiet, can be used in an environment where noise needs to be kept at a minimum
takes a long time to start printing, often suffers from a long pause before it gets going
older printer model, getting proper support at a reasonable cost is difficult
You may also like...