HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless
Released March, 2009
The Pros:Quick start-up, don't have to wait for a long initialization. Prints fast, pages come out quickly without long delays. Low cost-per-page printing, inks last a reasonable amount of time.
The Cons:WiFi setup is unnecessarily complicated, takes awhile to figure out. Takes up more space on the desk than should be necessary.
The HP Officejet Pro 8000 Wireless is an affordable wireless printer released by HP in 2009. This printer is capable of printing 35 pages per minute for draft quality, and up to 11 pages per minute at laser comparable quality in color (15ppm in black).
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has a 1200 x 1200 dpi black resolution and 4800 x 1200 dpi in color, which is supplied by 4 print cartridges (black, cyan, magenta, yellow). It has a built in 384 MHz processor with 32 MB of memory. It has a a 250-input / 150-output tray capacity and can handle a wide range of media types and sizes (see below) with a recommended paper weight of 20 to 24 lbs. Standard connectivity options include USB 2.0, ethernet and wireless 802.11 b/g with other HP connectivity options. USB cable, print cartriges, power cord and required software included.
- Print speed black (draft, letter): Up to 35 ppm
- Print speed color (draft, letter): Up to 34 ppm
- Print speed, laser comparable, black: Up to 15 ppm
- Print speed, laser comparable, color: Up to 11 ppm
- Print resolution, black: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print resolution, color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Monthly duty cycle: Up to 15,000 pages
- Ink cartridges: 4 (1 each black, cyan, magenta, yellow)
- Processor speed: 384 MHz
- Memory, standard: 32 MB
- Print languages, standard: HP PCL 3 GUI; HP PCL 3 Enhanced
- Standard paper handling (input): 250-sheet input tray
- Standard paper handling (output): 150-sheet output tray
- Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper): Automatic (standard)
- Borderless Printing: Yes (up to 8.5 x 11 in, 210 x 297 mm)
- Media types: Paper (brochure, inkjet, plain); photo; envelopes; cards (index); transparencies
- Media sizes (standard): Letter; legal; statement; executive; 3 x 5 in; 4 x 6 in; 5 x 7 in; 5 x 8 in; 4 x 10 in; 4 x 11 in; 4 x 12 in; 8 x 10 in; envelopes (No. 10, Monarch, DL)
- Media weight (recommended): 20 to 24 lb
- Media sizes (custom): 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Connectivity (standard): 1 USB 2.0; 1 Ethernet; 1 Wireless 802.11 b/g
- Connectivity (optional): HP Jetdirect Ethernet external Print Server; HP Jetdirect Wireless and Fast Ethernet External Print Server; HP Wireless Print Server
- Operating humidity: 10 to 80% RH
- Power consumption: 48 watts
- Acoustic power emissions: 6.1 B(A) (plain mono Best mode); 6.8 B(A) (plain mono Normal mode); 7.2 B(A) (plain mono Draft mode)
- ENERGY STAR Qualified
- Product Dimensions: 19.5 x 18.86 x 7.09 in
- Product weight: 17.2 lb
User Reviews (1)
quick start-up, don't have to wait for a long initialization
prints fast, pages come out quickly without long delays
low cost-per-page printing, inks last a reasonable amount of time
prints are good quality, look professional enough to show clients
setup when plugged directly into computer is a breeze, very quick
handles paper reliably, duplexes consistently with no problems at all
WiFi setup is unnecessarily complicated, takes awhile to figure out
takes up more space on the desk than should be necessary
You may also like...