HP LaserJet 5200
Released March, 2006
The Pros:Print quality is exceptional--crisp and detailed. Printing is very fast, even with high-quality printing. Huge tray can hold approximately 250 sheets of paper.
The Cons:Warranty isn't great for such an expensive investment. So very heavy at nearly 45 lbs. Included setup/instruction guide is vague and unhelpful.
The HP LaserJet 5200 is a black and white laser jet printer offered by HP that is designed to be used by a large enterprise business. It is capable of printing 35 pages per minute at its best quality (1200 x 1200 dpi), and has a recommended monthly print volume of 2500 to 10,000 pages.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It comes with 2 paper trays standard (3 maximum) and can handle a large range of media types and sizes (see below). It is powered by a 460 MHz processor and has 48 MB of memory standard, which can be upgraded to 512 MB maximum, and there is space for an optional hard disk. It is compatible with nearly all Windows and Mac operating systems allowing it to fit in virtually any workplace. There are 3 variations of the printer including a base model, and two upgrated models which feature additonal networking, paper tray, memory and two-sided printing (see below).
- HP LaserJet 5200 (P.N. Q7543A) - Base printer
- HP LaserJet 5200tn (P.N. Q7545A) - Base printer plus networking, additional 500-sheet paper tray, and 16 MB of additional memory (64 MB total)
- HP LaserJet 5200dtn (P.N. Q7546A) - Base printer plus networking, additional 500-sheet paper tray, automatic two-sided printing, and 80 MB of additional memory (128 MB total)
- Print speed, black (best quality mode): Up to 35 ppm
- Print speed, black (normal quality mode): Up to 35 ppm
- First page out (black): As fast as 10 sec
- Monthly duty cycle: Up to 65000 pages
- Recommended monthly print volume: 2500 to 10000 pages
- Printer page yield: View additional yield information
- Print quality, black: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Resolution technology: REt, 300, 600, HP FastRes 1200, HP ProRes 1200
- Cartridges: 1 (black)
- Paper tray(s), standard: 2
- Paper tray(s), maximum: 3
- Input capacity, standard: Up to 350 sheets
- Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper): Automatic (optional)
- Media sizes, standard: Letter, letter rotated, legal, executive, statement, 8.5 x 13 in, 11 x 17 in, 12 x 18 in, envelopes (No.10, Monarch, DL)
- Media sizes, custom: Tray 1: 3 x 5 in to 12.28 x 18.5 in; Tray 2: 5.8 x 8.3 in to 11.69 x 17 in; Tray 3: 5.8 x 8.3 in to 11.69 x 17 in
- Media types: Paper (color, letterhead, light, plain, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough, toughpaper), bond, cardstock, envelope, labels, transparency, vellum
- Memory, standard: 48 MB
- Memory, maximum: 512 MB
- Processor speed: 460 MHz
- Hard disk: Optional
- Print languages, standard: HP PCL 6, HP PCL 5e, HP Postscript 3 emulation
- Connectivity, standard: 1 IEEE-1284 parallel, 1 USB, 1 EIO
- Connectivity, optional: HP Jetdirect 175x Fast Ethernet Print Server (J6035G), HP Jetdirect en3700 Fast Ethernet Print Server (J7942G), HP Jetdirect 620n Fast Ethernet Print Server (J7934G), HP Jetdirect 625n Gigabit Ethernet Print Server (J7960G), HP Jetdirect 635n IPv6/IPsec Print Server (J7961G), HP Jetdirect ew2400 802.11g Wireless Print Server (J7951G)
- Macintosh compatible
- Compatible Operating Systems: Windows 2000; Windows XP Home; Windows XP Professional; Windows Server 2003; Certified for Windows Vista(TM); Mac OS X v 10.2.8; Mac OS X v 10.3; Mac OS X v 10.4 or higher
- Power consumption: ENERGY STAR qualified
- Operating temperature (Fahrenheit): 50 to 91º F
- Dimensions, std.(W x D x H): 19.3 x 22.2 x 10.8 in
- Weight, U.S.: 44.5 lb
- Warranty, standard: One-year return-to-bench limited warranty
- What's in the box: HP LaserJet 5200 Printer, HP LaserJet print cartridge, Getting Started Guide, printer software and documentation on CD, power cord, control panel overlay, 100-sheet multipurpose tray, 250-sheet paper tray
- Software included: Print drivers and installation software on CD-ROM
User Reviews (2)
Print quality is exceptional--crisp and detailed.
Printing is very fast, even with high-quality printing.
Huge tray can hold approximately 250 sheets of paper.
Toner cartridges go a long way--estimated 10,000 pages printed before needing a replacement.
Warranty isn't great for such an expensive investment.
So very heavy at nearly 45 lbs.
Included setup/instruction guide is vague and unhelpful.
You may also like...