Canon SELPHY CP790
Released July, 2009
The Pros:Highly portable, one of the most portable Canon models. Bluetooth print capability adapter not always available on such products. Highly intuitive controls make use easy even for inexperienced users.
The Cons:Only available in bright colours, may not be desirable for all. Both Bluetooth and battery pack add to the price and must be purchased extra. Can only use 4x6 paper, some similarly-priced printers allow 5x7 or larger sizes.
The Canon SELPHY CP790 is a compact and portable photo printer offered by Canon. This unique printer features a storage basket which conveniently holds paper, ink cassettes, the AC adapter, optional battery pack and cables and features a locking mechanism so it can be taken with you anywhere.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The 3" LCD gives a clear preview of images to be printed with an easy to use scroll-wheel that gives a high ease of use. There are several built in creative options such as frames, calendars, photo diary print and much more to give a personal touch to your photos. The Portrait Image Optimize feature automatically delivers face detection, backlight correction and noise reduction. For further ease of use, the SELPHY CP790 uses an ink and paper all in one cassette and can print directly from compatible memory cards, digital cameras and Bluetooth mobile devices. For transportability, it features a carry handle and optional NB-CP2L battery.
- Printer Type: Compact Photo Printer
- Printing Method: Dye-Sublimation
- Features: 3.0" LCD Display, My Colors, Portrait Image Optimize, Red-Eye Correction, Storage Basket, Easy-Scroll Wheel, Power Save, Voice Guidance through PC
- Print Speed (up to): 4x6 Color Photo: 4"x 6" borderless photo: approx. 47 seconds
- Print Resolution (Up to): 300 x 300 dpi
- Gradation: 256 levels of color
- OS Compatibility: Windows Vista, Windows XP and Mac OS X v10.4 and v10.5x
- Standard Interface: USB, Card Slots (See Memory Card Support), PictBridge (Cable not included), Bluetooth v2.0 (Optional), IrDA Version 1.2/IrSimple
- Paper Sizes: Card (2.13" x 3.39"), Card "Full" Label, 4" x 6" (Postcard), 4" x 8" (Wide)
- Physical Dimensions: 7.0" (W) x 9.7" (H) x 3.4" (D)
- Weight: 3.2 lbs.
- Warranty: Toll-free technical phone support plus 1-year limited warranty with InstantExchange program
- Software Included: Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM, Canon Utilities, EOS Utilities, SELPHY CP790 Printer Driver, ImageBrowser (Mac Only), Ulead PhotoExpress LE (Windows Vista & Windows XP Only), ZoomBrowser EX (Windows Only)
- Memory Card: SD Memory Card, miniSD Card, microSD Card, SDHC Memory Card, miniSDHC Card, microSDHC Card, MultiMediaCardMMCplus Card, MMCmobile Card, MMCmicro Card, HC MMCplus Card, RS-MMC Card, CF, Card, Microdrive xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro
User Reviews (1)
Highly portable, one of the most portable Canon models
Bluetooth print capability adapter not always available on such products
Highly intuitive controls make use easy even for inexperienced users
Compatible with a wider range of memory formats than some other Canon models
Battery pack accessory greatly increases portability
Only available in bright colours, may not be desirable for all
Both Bluetooth and battery pack add to the price and must be purchased extra
Can only use 4x6 paper, some similarly-priced printers allow 5x7 or larger sizes
You may also like...