Canon PIXMA MP460
Released August, 2006
The Pros:Compact design has a reasonably small footprint. Easy enough to set up for an entry-level user. General usage is easy, nothing tricky about it.
The Cons:Takes awhile to warm up before it can start printing. Doesn't copy a full 8.5x11 paper, always leaves the edges off. Won't let you print in black with an empty color cartridge.
The Canon PIXMA MP460 is a mid-range multifunction photo inkjet printer from Canon's Photo All-in-One Inkjet series. The printer offers print, copy, and scan functionality with print speeds of 22ppm black and 17ppm color.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It is designed with a 1.9" LCD color viewer for previewing and altering images before they are printed and is a step up from the MP450 since it prints a 4" x 6" borderless photo faster, in only 52 seconds. The PIXMA MP460 prints with a color resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi and produces 1200 dpi scans with 48-bit color depth. It includes a direct print port for printing photos straight from a memory card and also offers Infrared, PictBridge, and Bluetooth connectivity, although an optional Bluetooth adapter is required. The printer is Energy Star qualified and comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
- Functions: Print, Copy, Scan
- 1.9" LCD Color Viewer
- Direct Print Port
- PictBridge Ready
- Auto Exposure & Auto Magnification Copy Adjustment
- Chromalife 100 System
- Prints 4" x 6" borderless photo in 52 seconds
- Print Speed: 22 ppm Black / 17 ppm Color
- Print Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi Black, 4800 x 1200 dpi Color
- Scanner resolution: 1200 x 2400 dpi
- Connectivity: USB 2.0. Infrared, Bluetooth /w Optional Adapter
- Supported Memory Card Types: CompactFlash, SmartMedia, SD Card, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, Memory Stick Pro Duo, MultiMediaCard (V3.31), Microdrive, xD-Picture Card and miniSD card
- Dimensions: 17.5" W x 16.5" D x 10.4 H
- Energy Star qualified
- 1 year limited warranty
User Reviews (1)
compact design has a reasonably small footprint
easy enough to set up for an entry-level user
general usage is easy, nothing tricky about it
colors and blacks are sharp and bright
takes awhile to warm up before it can start printing
doesn't copy a full 8.5x11 paper, always leaves the edges off
won't let you print in black with an empty color cartridge
included driver isn't compatible with Windows Vista
You may also like...