Released April, 2005
The Pros:Setup complete in less than 10 minutes. Replacement Canon printer paper is relatively inexpensive. Black text is comparable to laser print quality, also prints very quickly though not quite laser speed.
The Cons:Lacks PictBridge or other direct-to-printer camera compatibility typically found on printers in this range. Quality results are limited to use with Canon brand paper.
The Canon i860 is an advanced, color inkjet printer built for professional-quality photos and presentations. It utilizes Canon’s advanced MicroFine Droplet Technology, which uses an advanced 1600-nozzle system to eject consistent prescribed-volume droplets as small as 2 picoliters, for nearly grain-free images.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This allows the i860 to output a maximum resolution of 4800x1200 dpi in color, with speeds of 23ppm in black and 16ppm in color. Furthermore, the Canon i860 boasts a symmetrical print head design that eliminates the color variance and banding problems usually found with conventional high-speed printers. Most notable about the Canon i860 is its PictBridge direct printing technology, allowing for PictBridge-compatible digital cameras or camcorders to be plugged into directly via the front-panel Direct Print Port for immediate printing. The Canon i860 retails for $229.99 and comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
The Canon i860 is a step up from the i560, and sports a slightly faster B&W printing speed. Additional features of the Canon i860 color inkjet printer include edge-to-edge true borderless printing, Easy-WebPrint software for automatic printer-formatting of web pages, and an automatic sheet feeder that holds up to 150 plain pieces of paper.
- Color Photo Inkjet Printer
- MicroFine Droplet Technology
- High-Quality Color Resolution
- Symmetrical Print Head Design
- PictBridge Direct Printing
- True Borderless Printing
- Easy-WebPrint Software
- Automatic Sheet Feeder
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Print Speed (Black): 23pp
- Print Speed (Color): 16ppm
- Print Speed (4x6): 1 Minute
- Number of Nozzles: Black – 320, Color – 512 x2
- Print Resolution: 600x600dpi Black, 4800x1200dpi Color
- Standard Interface: USB, IEEE 1284, Direct Print Port
- Plain Paper - 150 sheets
- Envelopes - 10
- Glossy Photo Cards (4" x 6") - 20 sheets
- Glossy Photo Paper (8.5" x 11") - 1 sheet
- High Resolution Paper (8.5" x 11") - 80 sheets
- Matte Photo Paper (8.5" x 11") - 10 sheets
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy For Borderless Printing (4" x 6") - 20 sheets
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy (5" x 7") - 10 sheets
- Photo Paper Plus Glossy (8.5" x 11") - 10 sheets
- Photo Paper Pro (4" x 6") - 20 sheets
- Photo Paper Pro For Borderless Printing (4" x 6") - 20 sheets
- Photo Paper Pro (8.5" x 11") - 10 sheets
- Transparencies (8.5" x 11") - 30 sheets
User Reviews (1)
Setup complete in less than 10 minutes
Replacement Canon printer paper is relatively inexpensive
Black text is comparable to laser print quality, also prints very quickly though not quite laser speed
Fairly conservative on ink usage: approximately 500 photos per colour cartridge
Photos print faster than on competitors' printers in this range
Very quite printing for Canon or other brand photo printers
Photo quality (note: when used with Canon paper) exceeds most competition in this price bracket
Lacks PictBridge or other direct-to-printer camera compatibility typically found on printers in this range
Quality results are limited to use with Canon brand paper
You may also like...