Released February, 2009
The Pros:Attractive look with small footprint. Document scanning a snap, makes paperless office easy.
The Cons:Poor printing output - colors appear washed out regardless of printer settings. Makes it unsuitable for picture printing. Can't interact with the device when on the phone - it actually blocks you. Picture scanning quality horrible regardless of settings.
The Brother MFC-990CW is an all-in-one Bluetooth-enabled digital answering machine, copier, scanner, fax machine, and inkjet printer designed for printing, faxing, copying, or scanning school projects, photos, recipes, web pages, and much more.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A step up from the Brother MFC-790CW, Brother MFC-990CW adds Bluetooth Wireless Technology so that users can easily print JPEG photos directly from their handheld devices. Like its peer, the MFC-990CW features ultra-past print & copy speeds, a 4.2” touchscreen display fore previewing & enhancing documents/photos, and a digital answering machine that holds up to 29 minutes of messages. The MFC-790CW also includes compatibility for PictBridge-enabled cameras, USB flash memory drives, and multimedia cards such as Secure Digital, Compact Flesh, and Memory Stick. The MFC-990CW makes it easy to not only print from a Wi-Fi or Ethernet network, but even directly from your camera. The Brother MFC-990CW retails for $229.99.
- ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED
- Color Inkjet Technology
- B/W & Color Copying
- B/W & Color Scanning
- B/W & Color Faxing
- 4-Cartridge Ink System
- 4.2” TouchScreen LCD Display
- Digital Answering Machine
- Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Wireless Network Interface
- Standard Ethernet
- Multimedia Card Slots
- USB Direct Interface
- PictBridge Interface
- Auto Document Feeder
- 100-Sheet Input Tray
- 4x6 Bypass Tray
- 48MB Internal Memory
- Speaker Phone & Headset
- 2 Year Express Warranty
- Technology: Color Inkject
- Max Black Print Speed: 33pm
- Max Color Print Speed: 27ppm
- Max Black Copy Speed: 22cpm
- Max Color Copy Speed: 20cpm
- Fax Transmission: 3 seconds per page
- Print Resolution: Up to 6000x1200 dpi
- Optical Scan Resolution: 1200x2400 dpi
- Standard Paper Capacity: 100
- Interface: 802.11b/g Wireless, 10/100 Ethernet, USB 2.0, PictBridge, Bluetooth Wireless
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS
- PhotoCapture Center Capability: Built-In Digital Media Card Slots, PictBridge Interface, USB Flash Memory Drive
- Scan to Card or USB Flash Drive: Color PDF/JPEG, Black TIFF/PDF
- Digital Media Supported: Compact Flash (Type 1 only) Memory Stick®/Pro®; xD-Picture Card™ Type M/H, and Secure Digital™ media cards.
User Reviews (1)
Attractive look with small footprint
Document scanning a snap, makes paperless office easy.
Poor printing output - colors appear washed out regardless of printer settings. Makes it unsuitable for picture printing.
Can't interact with the device when on the phone - it actually blocks you.
Picture scanning quality horrible regardless of settings.
Paper tray is flimsy and easily breaks.
You may also like...