Released January, 2007
The Pros:Handles color duplex scanning smoothly and easily, great for quickly creating a copy of complex documents. Hardware setup is hassle free and quick. Black and white prints are sharp and easy to read.
The Cons:Paper tray only handles around 1/3 of a ream of paper, any more than that and it jams. Can't print more than 50 sheets at a time without the output bin overflowing and spilling pages. Takes some time to warm up before it even starts printing.
The DCP-9045CDN is a high-performance digital color copier with color laser printing at up to 21 ppm. Released in 2007, this piece retails at $889. It features a 50-page auto document feeder, and legal-size document glass for office classic color copying and scanning.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Its automatic duplex capability enables two-sided copying, printing and scanning (saving printing costs to up to 50%). Its USB direct interface allows you to print directly from or scan to a USB flash memory drive as well as print from a PictBridge enabled camera. It has an ethernet interface assigning it an IP address, so that people at the office can communicate directly with it from their computers. High capacity replacement toner cartridges are available.
- Function: Print / Copy / Scan
- Print engine: laser
- Scanning Method: CCD
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 20.9 inch x 21.2 inch x 20.5 inch
- Weight: 83.2 lbs./37.8kg (w/ process unit)
- Paper Capacity: 250 pages
- MP Tray Capacity: 50 pages
- Memory: 128 Mbyte/ up to 640 Mbyte (one 144-pin DIMM slot)
- LCD: 5 lines LCD with White Back-lit
- PC Interface: Hi-Speed USB 2.0 & Ethernet 10/100BaseTX
- Speed (Color/ Mono): up to 21 ppm (Letter Size)
- Resolution: 600x600dpi, 2400dpi (2400 x 600) quality
- Speed (Color/ Mono): up to 17 ppm (Letter Size)
- Resolution: Max 1200 x 600 dpi
- Reduction / Enlargement: 25% - 400% in 1% increments
- Optical (Max.): 1200 x 2400 dpi (from Glass)
- Interpolated (Max.): 19,200 x 19,200 dpi
User Reviews (1)
handles color duplex scanning smoothly and easily, great for quickly creating a copy of complex documents
hardware setup is hassle free and quick
black and white prints are sharp and easy to read
paper tray only handles around 1/3 of a ream of paper, any more than that and it jams
can't print more than 50 sheets at a time without the output bin overflowing and spilling pages
takes some time to warm up before it even starts printing
driver is awkward to get installed correctly, prone to install errors, need to try a few times
color pictures are low quality and colors are rendered inaccurate
You may also like...