Released December, 2007
The Pros:Sets up in less than 10 minutes, very easy. Solid construction, will work for years without any problems. Toner lasts a long time before needing replacing.
The Cons:Very large build, need to plan ahead before installation.
The Brother HL-6050 is a set of B/W laser printers designed for producing high-impact presentations, reports, brochures, and business documents. It features the Brother HL-6050D and Brother HL-6050DN. Both units feature a parallel and USB 2.0 port, but the HL-6050DN also includes an Ethernet interface for local networking.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
In addition, both the HL-6050D and HL-6050DN printers boast a 500-sheet input tray, a 100-sheet multipurpose tray, and an optional 500-sheet tray. Plus, they support duplexing for two-sided printing, and a resolution up to 1200x1200 dpi. Most noticeable about these laser printer models is that they come with a secure print capability that ensures only the right person views the document in question. The Brother HL-6050 retails for $399.99 (HL-6050D) and $499.99 (HL-6050DN) and comes with a 1 year limited warranty.
- B/W Laser Technology
- High Capacity Replacement Toner Cartridges
- USB Direct Interface
- Standard Ethernet (HL-6050DN)
- Flexible Paper Handling
- Built-In Duplexing
- 500-Sheet Capacity Paper Tray
- 100-Sheet Capacity Multipurpose Tray
- Optional 500-Sheet Capacity Paper Tray
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Technology: B/W Laser
- Max Black Print Speed: 25ppm
- Print Resolution: Up to 1200x1200 dpi
- Standard Paper Capacity: 500
- Interface (HL-6050D): Parallel, USB 2.0
- Interface (HL-6050DN): Parallel, USB 2.0, 10/100 Ethernet
- Compatibility: Windows, Mac OS, Linux
- Brother HL-6050D – MSRP: $399.99
- Brother HL-6050DN – MSRP: $499.99
User Reviews (1)
sets up in less than 10 minutes, very easy
solid construction, will work for years without any problems
toner lasts a long time before needing replacing
prints very quickly, pages come out right away without long waits
replacement toner is reasonably priced, cost per print is very low
paper trays are large and deep, can load lots of paper at a time
paper jams are very rare, and generally only occur if there was something wrong with the paper itself
very large build, need to plan ahead before installation
You may also like...